We are proud bo be a part of the Metro Boston's Craigslist Community! (unaffiliated)
Wikipedia shows the population of the metro Boston area at 4.5 million. That only confirms the "major market" status of the list.
What do we bring to the table?
(basic principles of freelancing)
- Work quality
- Slow and steady
- Deliver on our promises
- A friendly website.
We listen, and we learn to win our client’s hearts.
This was interesting, but not practical on a daily basis.
Swing sets - the best hidden free deal on the CL (not only in Boston)
Generally, with some luck and patience one could find those in the free section (widen your search). Most swingsets are either disposed of due to houses changing hands (sold), or children outgrowing those in a couple of years.
Models will vary: towers split vertically or horisontally; roof comes off. our truck box is exactly 15.5 ft long x 6.5 ft tall x 7.1 wide
There are models which do not split (we figured that out the hard way on the weekend of May 21-22-nd, shown on the pic above). Then further disassembly will be required.
Most sets would allow for 120 ponds of weight; thus a good test would be an adult trying all out. If the structure holds well then it is good to go.
The roof ususally is the weakest point; be prepared to do some repair work (tape up the tarp, or replace a few shingles). Some of the foundation panels might also need replacement (the moisture gets those to fall appart) (think home depot / lowes)
Power tools are an absolute must, extra washers and bolts wouldn't hurt. The assembly is easier compared to putting together an ikea wardrobe (the only way all fits toghether is the right way)
Prices for moving one would be in the $80-$120 range (help with dissassembly / assembly will run you extra)
Still, getting something nice for the kids: priceless
Keep in mind that some sand / mulch would be needed at the new assembly spot. sitting on just grass makes the structure unstable.
Dissassembly after a rainy day is not easy (did that last year and it takes twice as long) Finally, do not try to fit all in a pick up truck - it won't.
- the most important thing is to be there
- time slots are estimates; +,-30 minutes happens
- some jobs will take more than one time slot (extras); be realistic as to the cost
- negotiate your buy & book in advance
- be prepared to consider 2-3 alternative time slots when negotiating your deal
- only book a time slot when sure in all the parameters
- notify us of any obstacles upfront
- “long carries” (generally when circumstances require items to be carried more than 50 feet from the truck to the dwelling) will cost you extra
The service starts at $29. The average job is $50. Be prepared to deal with the extras.
Note that the change is big, and perhaps would dissapoint a few of our regular customres.
Hopefully a good helper would come along and the old business model will get implemented back, but for now - this is it.
The good news is that the average inside job is coming down; the bad news is that it will get done with your/your seller's help.
Testing a craigslist delivery service confirmation (to eliminate the need for call back confirms)
Over the years we've been on both the buyer's and the seller's side of the craigslist (CL).
There are few difficult deals/people on the list, but the overall benefits of the list are obvious.
To make a deal happen, the delivery service is often the deal maker and/or breaker. We work with reasonable numbers to make deals happen.
We are in the business of providing a cheap alternative. 70-80% of the items listed for sale are manageable with 2 good guys and a truck.
We do not deliver sophisticated solutions to your online needs. We do content right.
So what's the catch? Where's the small print? How much does it cost?
No catch. No small print. Just a service with honest upfront price available to the CL community.
CLDeliveryHelp.com Service Features:
- Varies from completely hands-off, to completely hands-on ($)
- For manageable items under 200 pounds (our target market), completed within your time slot
- Weather independent (plastics, closed box truck)
- Fully customisable, and right
- Anywhere in New England
- On-the-spot results
- Runs on short notice
- A no-nonsense approach to pricing / no sales agent(s)
- Extra stops required to pick up or deliver goods to a location other than the main pickup or delivery points
- Different pick-up and delivery times
- Anything truck related: diesel fuel, tolls, etc.
- Packing materials (tape, plastic bags, blankets, straps, etc)
- Basic assembly/dissassembly (5-10 minutes)
- Inside to inside pickup and delivery
- Change order to add a few small items.
An angry customer this week posted a counter ad to the one below ... he was not very happy with a guy, the service was horrible, had to pesonally help, and last but not least, the walls at his place got damaged. The anti-ad even had photos showing the damage...As many ads on the CL disappear as quickly as a few days, I decided to attach the full original ad below...(the anti ad had laready been deleted)
The quck takeaways from this story: what did one think would happen when you put one guy in a tight space with a large couch?
That's why from the very beginning we've always done 2 guys team; it just works. Kudos to the client trying to send the message to the public: hopefully not only I read it...but the common sense approach of always asking upfront of what one gets was not followed. It is OK to ask how one palns to get the job done, what equipment will be used, and what controls are in place so that things do not go horribly wrong ...
Original ad below:
. =\ * •¸=PickUp + Delivery - for Furniture -Purchases !! •/ . (MA Locations)
Details removed at the polite request of the competitor ...